It can be super challenging especially if you are someone who is not used to it. However, by setting an intention for more self care, or the intention to “pause” for at least 10 minutes per day, is a powerful way to begin to build the self care habit.
Everyone’s “pause” may look different. Maybe you meditate, or do a little yoga or write in a journal?
Here are 5 easy ways you can give yourself permission to pause today.
1. Meditation/ Mindfulness. Take 15 minutes out of your day for a guided meditation. There are a ton of free ones to choose from on the internet.
2. Take a walk. Whether it be in nature or around the block simply moving and getting out of your regular environment can awaken the senses and give your mind some clarity
3. Take time to journal. Release your emotions. Write down thoughts and feelings. List things you are grateful for. These can all be therapeutic.
4. Quick Yoga Flow. Take a class or throw yourself into child’s pose for 10 minutes and simply breathe.
5. Express Creativity. Drawing, painting, playing an instrument or singing. Making whatever you enjoy doing a priority.
I have said it before. Self care is not selfish. It is self respecting and completely necessary to be the best version of ourselves.
Will you give yourself permission to pause today??